Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Lang-ay Music

I finally listened to the CD by Pe Tune. Edwin Abeya of Maryland who recently vacationed in the Philippines sent me one, and I have been listening to it eversince, in the car and in the house. Enjoying it immensely. At first, I was curiuos with how Frieda translated my song "Lang-ay." She did a great job. I wrote the lyrics in the Besao dialect but in order to fit in as a song by the group, my friend Frieda Changat changed some of the words in the Bontoc dialect. The vocalist is awesome as well as the sound sysyem. Great percussion! I am really amazed with the arrangement, the combination of all the instrument, essentially it's rock. I especailly like rock music. And with rock inculcated with the native sound of the gangsa, it's unique. This kind of music if developed shoukld fly high because it's an exclusive style. Listening to them and having the sound fullblast, one can almost feel he/she is at a Fleetwood Mac Concert. I wish more power to this group and may their music reaches the sky.

Other songs in the CD are patriotic and therefore are appropriate to adopt as themesongs for the many various Cordillera gatherings. I will suggest for this group to play at the upcoming IGO IIC in Banaue next year. I bet, the place will rock with them.

No comments: